Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ready for the Pool!


It's no secret that I love the pool.  It's only natural that I would help my daughter love it, too!  We've gone swimming several times this summer, but I never take any pictures because I'm always swimming, too!  Here's a picture of Abigail on Day 3 of swimming this past week.  Well, actually, it was taken before we got in the pool.  She's saying "Swim?" in this picture and about to run off towards the pool.  It was really hot that day and really bright - hence the squinty face!  Even though she is going to kill me for taking this photo in about 12 years, I thought it was too adorable!

It was the third day we swam this week, AND the third day she wore her swim hat!  Prior to this week, I couldn't keep it on her for more than a few minutes!  Because of her willingness to cooperate, we were able to swim longer and have more fun.  She actually let me flip her over to her back and let her float!  That was a big accomplishment for her!  Another cute thing she did was put her face in the water to blow bubbles.  Robby and I know that bubble blowing is the first step to swimming, so we try every time we go.  She still hasn't gotten the hang of blowing yet, but it is so cute to see her try! 

Every time we go swimming, she gets braver and better at swimming.  Now, instead of just kicking her feet, she'll also doggy paddle her arms when we tell her to "swim" while we're in the pool.  Of course, she can't kick and move arms at the same time, but, hey, she's only one! 

0 comments: