Friday, July 9, 2010

A Professional Proposition

Yesterday I was offered a position as Lead High School Literacy Strategist for my school district.  If accepted, this means that I will no longer be in the classroom; rather, I would go around to the different high schools in the district and help new or struggling teachers with strategies to increase literacy in their classrooms. 

Of course I am excited about the position, but I still have some hesitation to take it.  Mainly, I love working with students, I love teaching, and I really enjoy the people with whom I work now.  There will still be some student interaction, as I will go into classrooms to model lessons and, around assessment time, I will lead writing conferences, but nothing like I do now. 

I know that this position will be better for me in the long run, and it will help me reach my ulitmate career goal, but it's always scary for me to leave what I'm doing for something else.  I have to know by today at 4pm.  Please pray that I make the best decision for myself and my family!

0 comments: