Lately, Abigail has fascinated me during playtime!
Pat-a-cake
Abby was sitting in the floor playing with her baby doll when I heard her sing the pat-a-cake song. When I leaned over to check on her, she had her baby's hands and was making them clap while she (sort of) sang the song! It was so cute! A few times, she has grabbed my hands and made me do pat-a-cake!
Quite the cook
Abigail has turned into chef extraordinaire! She loves ransacking my kitchen to find plastic containers and will stir up invisible food in no time! She also likes to bring a spoon and then "feed" Daddy or me her creation. It's the best tasting invisible food ever! If Daddy and I are busy, she'll feed the food to her baby dolls. (I wrote a little letter to Santa Clause telling him about this, and he said he might, just maybe, bring her a kitchen for Christmas. If she's a good girl, that is!)
Little People
Abby's Little People doll house has never been so fun! She likes to sit and play with her Little People dolls and will actually move them about the house and talk for them/to them (in toddlereese, so I have no idea what she's saying). She gets intensely focused and will play for up to 20 minutes by herself! Hallelujah!
A few days ago, she wanted Robby to play with her, and he got down there and played doll house. He's such a good daddy to her! I taught him how to talk "for" the dolls (he was just moving them with no sound!), and he and Abby's doll had quite the conversation. It's funny to me how Abby already knew to talk for the dolls, but Robby didn't. I guess girls really are girls, and boys really are boys. (Well isn't that insightful? Ha.)
Good Night
Last night, Robby was exhausted after umpiring in the hot July heat. He took a shower, then crashed on the couch for a little snooze. I brought him a pillow and a blanket, then Abby walked over and said, "Nigh-nigh" and gave him kisses (every night she gives Daddy night-night kisses before bed), then she ran to get her baby doll and tucked her doll in with him. She also kissed her doll night-night. So sweet to tuck Daddy in with her baby!
She also likes to tuck in Chance if he is asleep. She'll cover him with her blanket or, like yesterday, bring him a pillow! He gets the royal treatment! The funny thing is, with Chance, she'll say "Shhh!" but when Daddy is sleeping, she keeps going over there to check on him. She'll get right next to his face and then yell: "DA-DA!" and he'll grumble, "Mmm?" and she'll say, "Nigh-nigh." I guess she just likes to see if he's still sleeping. Hahaha. It never fails to make me laugh!
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Playtime
Posted by Kasie at 6:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment