Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day 4

I'm kind of getting used to this.  Work one day, off six (if you include the weekend!).  I am SO glad Robby works in my district now, because I love having all the same/extra time off.  It's nice!

This morning when we woke up, we had about 4 inches of snow on the ground!  This is more like what I am used to seeing whenever school/work gets canceled because of inclement weather.  Naturally, we had to take Abigail out to play in the snow! 

Last year, when it snowed about a foot of snow, Abigail was just 15 months old, so she didn't really get to play in it.  This morning, Abigail had a BLAST playing in it!  We played until our faces were red, and when we came in she cried to go back out.  Of course, when we went out this morning, it was still only 20 degrees, so we couldn't stay out long.  Also, the sun was out (it's supposed to get to 32 degrees today - oh my word, it will feel like a heat wave, I am sure!), and it reflected off the snow, so it was as bright as all get out.  I could barely open my eyes!

Abigail's favorite thing was to make foot prints in the snow and to wipe off the snow from the bushes in our yard.  She found one tiny flower (weed) sticking up through the snow and yelled, "FOWER!"  She tromped over there and plucked it immediately.  That girl loves picking flowers.

We also took Hailey out in it, just for the experience. She had on three layers of clothes plus a hat and blanket, and we were only out there long enough for her to see it. She barely caught a glimpse, though, because of the brightness.






0 comments: