Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Movin' and Groovin'

Abigail has changed so much in the last week and a half. She scoots all over the place, both while she is on her back and on her tummy. The thing is, when she is on her tummy, she scoots backwards. Instead of putting her hands out and pulling to go forward, she pushes and ends up going backwards. Two days ago I was folding laundry and I heard her go "eh, eh, eh" so I peeked in on her and she was halfway underneath the couch! All that was sticking out was her head and her arms! She backed her way under there; it was really surprising because I put her in the middle of the room on a blanket with nothing around. I thought she was safe! Wow, we are really going to have to keep an eye on her now.

Also, she stands up very well holding on to things - her favorite thing to hold on to is her crib rail. She can pull up on me using my clothes, or my arms, or my HAIR. Anything she can grab is fair game in her eyes. Just yesterday she did it quite effortlessly - looked like a pro. She can't quite pull up on furniture or anything yet, mostly because she can't reach it from a sitting position, but it won't be long. She can go from a sitting position to being on her knees, so I know once she does that and reaches for something, she'll be up. The best part of this all is seeing the delight on her face when she completes such a task! She is SO proud of herself and it is really evident!

She has started to take a keen interest in things - tiny things. She will pick up absolutely ANYTHING off the carpet, couch, etc. The tiniest speck of paper or tiniest fragment of a leaf is subject to being put in her mouth. Just the other day I looked over at her and saw that she was foaming (serious spit bubbles) at the mouth. I had no idea what happened! I immediately looked at the counter to see that the Advil bottle didn't fall over and spill; I thought maybe Chance brought one in to her. She was still breathing, so I wasn't too panicky - yet - but when she moved her mouth I saw a STICKER in there! Now, where did she get a sticker? I have no idea! Luckily, it was rather large and I could remove it easily. Ay ya yi ya yi. I am on "eagle eye" mode now.

0 comments: