Because I worked so many extra days this past summer, my school allowed several teachers to have an extra week off for spring break, so I coordinated with my sister-in-law Lindsey and she was able to make a trip to Texas! She, my brother, and my nephew Nicholas live in Arizona. Nicholas is almost 4 months old and I haven't even gotten to meet him yet! That is...until now!
Robby, Abigail and I woke up at 6 am this past Sunday to get ready for the airport. When we got there, there was only about a 20 minute wait before they came out of the terminal! As SOON as Nicholas saw me, he started smiling and cooing! It was wonderful! I scooped him up immediately, then said hi to Lindsey. Michael is serving our country in Afghanistan, so it was just the two who were able to come visit.
Abby and I took Lindsey and Nick to Tyler (Robby had to work this week), and we stayed for four days. The first thing we did was to take the babies to the hospital to visit my dad. He hadn't seen either one since November. He saw Abigail at Christmas and right before his surgery, but ever since, he's only seen her at a distance. It was nice for him to see his two grandbabies together.
A few times, I watched Abby and Nick while Lindsey either slept in/napped/took a shower. It was good practice for me to have a toddler and an infant at the same time. It wasn't as easy as it looks (and I never thought it looked easy!). It was fun, though. After the second time, it got much easier. I felt myself getting better as the week progressed. :)
I really, really enjoyed my time with Lindsey, Nick, Abigail and my mom.
Because so much happened, I think it would be better to show you our week in pictures:
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Four Days of Family
Posted by Kasie at 10:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment