Friday, September 4, 2009

Somebody, Call a Doctor!

It's the second week of school and I have been out all week, save Monday. Monday afternoon, my throat was hurting badly, but I went about my day and even went to an after-hour staff development. When I got home, though, I had chills (and yes, a fever), so I took a hot bath and hit the hay. Come Tuesday morning, I could barely speak and was very uncomfortable. It felt like my tonsils were the size and consistency of golf balls, only wrapped with gauze to make it even more miserable. You know where I am going with this: strep throat. It's awful! I literally thought that cutting my throat out (if it were possible to live after such an surgery) would feel better than I felt then. I went to the doctor and he gave me a shot and some meds, and I felt much better Wednesday, back to normal on Thursday.

Why then am I out all week? This is the worst part - my precious pumpkin (Abby) has it, too! She went to the doctor and Wednesday to get it confirmed, and I think I will take her back today because she still has a fever. Last night it was still 102, and that worries me. She's so sweet when she's sick, because all she wants to do is cuddle, but I can tell she is so miserable. Plus the fact that I know firsthand the way she feels makes it ten times worse for me. Poor baby! This is only the second time she's been sick, but I really don't like it.

I just hope Robby doesn't get it, too!

0 comments: