Wow, it is weird to think that she's in double digits now. Ha. My baby is growing up! I left my camera in Tyler (I think), so no 10 month old picture yet.
Abigail weighs 20 pounds, 11.5 ounces (courtesy of the doctor appointment last week) and is in size 3 diapers. We bought a pack of extra-absorbant size 4 diapers, though, for nighttime in hopes that she'll sleep longer. So far, it works! On Sunday night, she slept for 10 straight hours! For some reason, she always sleeps better at Nani & Papa's. I don't know if it is because the room is colder (I love that fan!) or if it is because she is worn out from all the attention, but Robby & I love going down there because we can sleep really well. She has 3 teeth, if you can count that new sprout as a "tooth", and is working on 2 more. They're right underneath the gums.
She is EXTREMELY mobile now; Robby and I joke that she should enter speed crawling races, and we'd put our money on her. She is fast! It was really interesting to see how her crawling progressed: backwards on her back/head at (late) 7 months; going everywhere backwards on her tummy, and sometimes in circles at 8 months; "inch-worm" crawling forward at late 8 months; slow, awkward crawling at 9 months; and incredibly fast speed crawling (like the diaper commercial) at late 9 months. Wow! I think she got so fast because she likes to chase Chance. Abby loves him!
She's an expert at sitting up from lying down, and can even go in circles to turn around while she's sitting. She's pretty good at pulling up on every and any thing, and she can walk well when holding on to someone's fingers. She's working on standing up on her own, without pulling up. It's really funny to see, because she can stick her bottom in the air (it looks like she's bending over touching her toes) and then she gets stuck. She doesn't know what to do after that. I feel bad for laughing, but it is so funny!
She likes to eat, but not nearly as much as before. I guess her ravenous eating has slowed down for now, which is okay with us. The daycare teacher calls all the time because she is concerned about it, but if she gained more than one pound in a month, I'd say she's doing okay! It almost seems as if she is bored with baby food and only wants table food. She likes to feed herself and she loves real food. The only thing holding her back is my fear of her choking, so I need to work on that. How else will she learn? I'm working on it and trying to introduce her to new foods. Good thing her daddy will share ANYthing he is eating!
Oh, one important milestone: she has learned how to share! She gives Mommy and Daddy whatever she is holding. She'll pick something up and hand it to us. We're very proud about that! She also loves to play peek-a-boo and loves to dance. She loves music - and reading. She is captivated by story time, and some days we will read 2 or 3 books to her...sometimes more! It's amazing to us how she loves books. She actually crawls over pillows (which, by the way she grunts and acts, looks like the equivalent of hiking up a mountain) to get to books!
As far as language development goes, she says Mama, Dada and dog on a regular basis, Hi pretty frequently and has said multiple times Papa. Words she has said once: Baba (when looking at a bottle!), Jojo, Nana (which will have to be turned into Nani). I love to see her grow!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Abigail is 10 months old!
Posted by Kasie at 7:22 AM
Labels: Monthly Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment