Wednesday, August 11, 2010

24 Week Appointment

Today I had my 24 week appointment.  Everything looks great!  This time, I had no worries about the baby because it seems like she moves constantly.  She particularly loves bouncing on my bladder like a trampoline, and there have been a few times where I was worried I might not make it to the bathroom in time! 

It's neat to feel her move; several times it has felt like she's completely flipped sides or rolled all the way over from head down to head up or vice versa.  She's quite the acrobat.  Although she's pretty constant throughout the day, I can already detect a sort of schedule, and so far, it isn't too bad.  Abby was hardly up during the day (always up at 10am like clockwork, though.  I would know the time without looking at the clock), but she was up all night. 

This baby is up when I wake up, which is usually about 7am, then I really feel her get going at 11am, 3pm, 5pm, and from 8:30-10pm she is REALLY active.  I'd say that's her most active time of the day.  Of course, I've noticed her up at 3:30 am almost every morning (that seems to be my bladder's limit and I wake up to go to the rest room at that time almost every night).  I'm just happy that there's a lot of day time movement, since I learned that their schedule in the womb is often the schedule they'll have as newborns. 

At my next appointment, I'll do the glucose/diabetes test and get a SONOGRAM!  We're so excited to be able to see our baby again!  :) 

0 comments: